Monday, November 14, 2011

The 5 Days of November

"The 5 Days of November" is a new song I created based on "The 12 Days of Christmas".  My version goes something like this....

Four stomach flus....three months waiting on our washer...two flat tires....and a dead car battery in a pear tree.

Pretty catchy, eh?  My inspiration runs deep, obviously.

If you live in Jasper and haven't been struck by the stomach flu yet...close this browser IMMEDIATELY.  It's that contagious.  Matt had it first, then Lilly and Diana had it simultaneously, and I was the last victim.  I still can't decide whether it was more fun to have the flu myself or to clean up the aftermath of two flu-stricken toddlers.  Has your child ever experienced an up-the-back poop?  Take that mess times a thousand times two kids.  Not an inch of their cribs went unscathed.  I had the option of cleaning it up or moving, and since we just moved...I had to clean it up.

However, I was rewarded for my efforts with a brand new washing machine.  Yes, the same washing machine that I posted about a few months ago.  The one that we happened to order in August; had to return after it was delivered broken; got into multiple phone fights with customer service people; after 2 months of waiting was told a replacement washer would be rushed to us just to find out 3 weeks later one was never ordered; and finally just 2 days after the flu left our house receiving our brand new washing machine with a gift card from the store.  Looking on the bright side, the loaner they had given us and now taken away is full of diarrhea. 

On about day 2 of that same week Matt calls from Hucks stating his car had a flat tire.  I was too busy cleaning up poop to care.  On about day 4 of that week Matt calls from Walmart stating my car has a flat tire.  I was too busy vomiting every hour to care.  Last Monday he spent hours at Big O tire getting his tire replaced.  Last Tuesday I spent hours at Big O tire getting my tire replaced.  And today, after promising the girls a picnic at the park and rallying them in the car, my car (ahem, minivan) battery is dead.  Kaput.  Finito.  "Sorry girls, no park or picnic today...let's go back inside."

THAT went over well.

What have I learned from all this?  That November is just not my month!  Last November my daughter was hospitalized for a life threatening infection and I was notoriously handcuffed at Nordstrom.  And the November before that?  Worst of my life.  Luckily in comparison stomach flus and a couple of broken down cars seem so irrelevant!

But they still made good inspiration for my song.

Check out Frick & Frack in the background.  Seriously is there anything one does that the other does not?! :)

Cutest blog on the block