...to my wonderful hubby who has proven to be one heck of a good daddy! He is one of the most hands-on dads that I have ever seen (although with 2 he has no choice!) But, he does everything with such ease and is never complaining, moaning or groaning (whereas, I can't always say the same for me!) He often helps me with the morning feedings before going into work and tries to get home at a decent hour after work knowing I am ready to hand over 1/2 of the parental duties, and sometimes he even works from home allowing me to get out of the house during the day. He makes having a full-time job mixed with being a new dad to 2 babies seem like a piece of cake. He reminds me a lot of my dad...his sarcasm (although Matt's is a little more loose than my dad's), his love of sports (
and gambling :), his ability to keep the stress from work at work, his inner strength and determination, his drive to succeed, his laid-back demeanor, and most importantly his devotion to family. Perhaps that's why my dad was Matt's biggest fan?? :)
Because of the above, I wanted to make sure Matt had as good of a Father's Day as he deserved. So, since he had been out of town at a wedding in Pennsylvania, we (me, Lilly & Di) were able to surprise him with a home-made cake (YUP, I baked!), and some presents from the girls including a purple golf shirt and tie (their favorite color); and from me - Michael Buble tix and a day where he can go play golf totally guilt-free, meaning no comments, eye-rolls, or complaining from yours truly. Then Matt got to choose wherever he wanted to go to dinner...not surprisingly he chose Mellow Mushroom.
Also, Happy Father's Day to my dad who kept me awake 1/2 night as I silently reminisced about the good ol' days. Missing him a lot these days.