L & D
Lilly and Diana were baptized on Saturday, June 5! After a week's worth of preparations, I was so happy when this day finally arrived. I think I need to credit my parents for watching over us because Lilly and Diana did a FABULOUS job...didn't even make a peep the entire mass!More importantly, I need to first give the loudest shout out to Maureen for making our girls the most beautiful baptismal gowns I have ever seen. Lilly and Diana were hands down the most fashionable Catholics-to-be! Maureen spent countless hours on these dresses and I know how busy she already is, so this meant the world to Matt and I (and our entire family for that matter as these will be passed down to future generations.) The sashes were made from the sleeves of my mom's wedding gown and were absolutely gorgeous. The intent is to use these sashes in all special occasions...baptisms, 1st communions, weddings, etc. She also went to such great detail - adding floral accents, collars and covered buttons, and even went to the extent of making booties, bibs and headbands to match! Maureen, you are a creative genius! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this day such a special remembrance to my mom and dad and for creating one of the first traditions in our 'new' family.
While I'm dishing out "thank you's", I would like to add to that list: thank you to all who traveled to Indy from Jasper, Columbus and Cincinnati; thank you to all who brought food and supplies; thank you for all the wonderful gifts (of course a formal thank you will hopefully appear in your mailbox soon); and a huge thank you to Chris & Caroline for setting up while we were at church, and to Mindy for setting up AND cleaning up; Because of all the help, I was able to truly enjoy the weekend, which meant so much to me. And despite the noticeable absence of my parents, there was no noticeable absence of love...for that a 'thank you' just doesn't say enough.
One of my favorite parts of the baptism was when Father Bob introduced Lilly and Diana by saying, "This is Lillian Bajorek. There is no one else in the world like her." "...And this is Diana Bajorek. There is no one else in the world like her." What a special moment that was for Matt and I!
I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story...



