Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to the world, Elliott Rose!

Krista and Phil welcomed a new baby girl on Friday!!  She is a beauty, just like her big sister Addie!  I was able to head down to Jasper on Friday sans hubby and kids because both Lil and Di had ear infections.  I took full advantage of this little outing and instead of heading back on Saturday as planned, I soaked up another night with my new niece, caught a movie with Courtney, and returned on Sunday totally refreshed ailing from some sort of bug I picked up.  I guess karma IS a bitch!

I had the slightest bit of guilt leaving Matt to handle both the girls by himself for 2 full days, something he has never done before.  Actually he had probably only calculated about 4 hrs. of solo parenting duty at a time.  I knew this was a big task ahead of him, but I was secretly (or not-so-secretly) enjoying the fact that my husband could NOW understand the duties of a stay-at-home-mom.  I sent him a text on Saturday night asking if he was tired, and his response was, "Tired is an understatement.  U already know this but this is a tough gig."  Mission accomplished.  I can go home now.

Back to little Ellie.  This would have been my parents 4th granddaughter...all 4 being under the age of 2!  Can you just imagine the joy my parents would have found in this?  Ellie also makes the 16th great-grandchild for my Grandma Lila (3 of them less than 8 weeks old!)  There are now 12 girls to 4 boys...my grandma's dream come true after delivering 8 boys and no girls!

Introducing Elliott Rose:

Addie meeting her little sister for the 1st time!  She kept saying, "I love you, baby Elliott."
Phil and his littlest girl.
Great-grandma Burger meeting her 10th great-grandchild.
Soaking up some time with my favorite little nieces.
Looks like Ellie was born with a full set of lungs!
Krista and her sweet little girl.
Eyes wide open...and ever so precious.
Tom & Cindy with baby Ellie.

In other news, Matt and I are geared up for what is supposed to be the 'snowstorm of the decade.'  I am feeling very grateful that Matt's flight to Florida was canceled today, and feeling very hopeful that his flight at 6:30am tomorrow morning will also be canceled, therefore I don't risk being stranded in this home with no electricity and two (almost) one year olds!  So, if we could all join together in this wish that Matt's flight does not leave Indianapolis in the next 24 hrs., that would be much appreciated.  If circumstances were different, I would be feeling bad for Matt because this is a trip he earned through work, and he had earned it last year as well but that trip was canceled due to our suffering economy.  He definitely puts in the hard work all year so deserves to be rewarded for it.   I strongly believe that his company should send both of us to somewhere like Hawaii for 10 days with paid babysitters.  That will ensure that he works just as hard in 2011 and does not hold any grudges for all these missed trips.  Or they could compensate us monetarily.  That would be fine too.  (And yes, I realize some of his co-workers and even his boss read this blog.  Duh.)

7 days until the girls are ONE!  OMG.... :)

Cutest blog on the block