It is not often that I brag about Matt on this blog, but today he definitely deserves the recognition. Besides the fact that he's perfect, he might have also surprised me with a trip to St. Lucia (which I just learned today is in the West Indies...sounds exotic right?!) He actually went so far as to find my Passport and arrange my flights. And shall I mention that he isn't going on this trip with me? No, instead I will be sipping pina coladas oceanside with my sister, cousins Kelly and Stephanie and aunt Cindy ("Mimi.") So why did Matt surprise only
me with a vacation when surely he could use one too? Because actually he just needs a vacation
from me. Plain and simple.
So while I am away for the next 7 days, Matt has full custody of the girls (ok, maybe not full...he called in some troops), is in charge of all the house showings (we've had 6 in 9 days), manage the bidding war (we have also had two offers), work in a trip to Jasper to pick out appliances and take a look at the demolition, and also be available for his real job as a banker. And to make timing all the more merry, I found out at 8pm this evening that Verizon's iPhone will not work in the West Indies, so looks like Matt literally has our entire lives resting in his two hands. When I return on Wednesday I might be finding out that we sold our house and have to be out by Friday and my kids have only eaten puffs and cookies for a week straight. Probably best I am unreachable! But truthfully, I know for a fact that if anyone can succeed at multi-tasking, it's Matt. I have no worries. None. Not one bit. Not even a teensy weensy little amount. Well, maybe a little.
Let these pics quench your thirst for the next 7 days while I am quenching mine with sun, sand, ziplining, and as many banana daiquiris as I can get my hands on!