Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

We spent the weekend in Cincinnati with Tim, Shonda, Alex, Evan, Babci and Dziadziu.  A few weeks back we surprised Matt's dad with tickets to the Reds vs. Indians game in celebration of his 60th birthday.  The only Reds fans in this crowd were me, Lilly and Diana, as Matt's dad grew up in Cleveland.  Matt is still unsure how Lil and Di became Reds fans, but had the store in the stadium stocked an Indians toddler-sized hat, we may have been house divided.  However, Reds paraphernalia was all I could find, so there you have it...Reds fans 4 life!!  (P.S. Reds won!)

Two cute Reds fans!
I actually snuck away with the girls to buy these hats, so you can imagine how happy daddy was when he spotted us!

The game was a smoking hot 90 degrees, so luckily we had club seats and enjoyed the entire game running around, launching off couches and onto Babci's lap, and eating our way through most of 9 innings (I actually have no idea what inning the boys emerged from their sweaty seats, but I know we didn't stick around until the end.)

Here is how we entertained ourselves during the game...check out Di's excitement at the end!




So this kind of has a funny story.  Lilly has picked up this silly walk/jig type of thing where she slouches her shoulders and hangs her head to the ground.  She does it constantly.  She was doing it during the  game and I finally grabbed my camera to capture it, but as you can see she got all ready and then BAM...pummeled by a passerby!  I have yet to capture it on video.




Perhaps the most memorable part of the trip was not the game, but instead the slip n' slide that Tim and Shonda had set up.  The girls LOVED being hurled down this flimsy piece of wet plastic and colliding into a pool of water (and sometimes each other!!)  I am not sure who had the most fun...Lilly, Diana, Alex, Evan, or Matt and Tim.

Here are a few photos (courtesy of Matt's dad) and videos to capture the slip n' slide fun!


Lilly
Diana
Diana
Lil's jig!
Another lame attempt at getting all 4 kids together for a photo!


PHOTO FINISH!  







Cutest blog on the block