Sunday, May 16, 2010

Did someone steal my babies...

...and replace them with a slightly better version?!  That makes me sound like a horrible mother, I know!  However, ever since the girls turned 3 months it is like we have the same irresistibly adorable (in my biased opinion of course) but slightly less fussy ladies!  They nap well, they sleep well at night, they eat well, and when all of the above has been accomplished, they fuss less.  I always heard that once babies are past that 3 month mark, life gets a little easier.  I just wasn't sure the same would hold true with twins, but alas, it does!  (If this post is mysteriously deleted in the next few days, you will know why...)
Our "new chicks in town!" (Lil & Di) My mom was with me when Matt brought these home before the babies were born.  She thought they were hysterical.  Wishing she could have seen her grand-daughters in them.

Thank you to my BFF, Mindy, who took a day off school on Fri., which just so happened to fall on the day of the girls' 3 month photoshoot!  She helped me get the girls camera-ready!  I am not sure our photos went all that well b/c for starters, when it comes to cuteness vs. practicality, cuteness always wins, meaning that the strapless dresses in 65 degree weather may not have been the best choice.  Shame on me. 

Diana trying on the hat that mommy forced her to wear for the photoshoot

Friday evening we hired our 1st non-family-related babysitter, Marcy.  She is Courtney's best friend, though, so that pretty much makes her family.  Matt and I managed to make it downtown, tour his office, wait for a table at Oceannaire, eat 2 appetizers, an entree each, a dessert, down an entire bottle of wine (embarrassingly consumed mostly by me), and make it back home in just over 2 hrs.  Surprising as it may seem, it was relaxing and so nice to get out!

Saturday:  Lilly & Diana getting ready to walk the monon and have a picnic with mommy and daddy
Diana
Lilly

Saturday evening we went to Hudson Weiss' 1 yr. birthday party.  We were actually one of THREE sets of twins there...and all 3 sets were identical!!  There were 21 month old boys and 8 year old girls.  Lauren was the mom of the boys and was someone who 'coached' me through my entire pregnancy and who referred us Carol, our night nanny.  This was the 1st time I met her, so I was glad to tell her 'thank you' in person!  I stalked both her and the mom of the 8 year old girls.  It is amazing to me to see just how identical both sets of twins were, especially the girls being that they are a bit older.  I was just happy to see that they were politely sitting next to each other and not pulling each others hair out!  However, when we asked if they liked being twins they answered very firmly, "NO."  Hmmm...

Sunday:  All dressed up for church and brunch with Adam and Alina

Funny church story:  the girls were so good the entire time, and then at the very end, when mass was ending and everyone was saying their SILENT prayers, Lilly took that moment to let out her very loud trapped gas!  OMG, to say Matt and I were embarrassed would be an understatement!  And then there was Lil, just smiling away, relieved of her pain.  And yes, the ppl in the pews around us definitely heard!  Thanks, sweetheart!

Cutest blog on the block