Monday, May 31, 2010

We love to party!

 Our fam celebrating Court's birthday!  (No, we did not pay for this pic.)
 Lil & Di dressed up for dinner!


Wednesday night we celebrated Courtney's birthday at Benihana.  Phil, Krista and Addie made the trip to Indy...it was so nice for all of us to be together!  Each time I see Addie I can't believe how much she has grown (more in personality than size), and I know Phil and Krista say the same thing every time they see Lilly and Diana (although more in size than personality!)

Lil is not a big fan of the pool (or was it the hat?!)  P.S. It's not typical that I would post a pic of myself in a bikini, but this is the absolute only shot I have from the girls first day at the pool...thanks to Caroline's i-phone. 


Saturday was probably one of the most hectic day in the girls' lives thus far!  We woke up and Matt took them over to visit cioci Becca and uncle Mark so that Becca could watch the girls while the boys laid mulch. Meanwhile, I sat out the mulching party and enjoyed a very nice mani/pedi instead.  Then I started to run errands, but that immediately got sidetracked after Alina and Caroline called to invite us to join them at the Meridian Hills pool!!  I pretty much brought my car to a screeching halt, did a u-turn and drove immediately to Target to pick up some swimmie diapers, grabbed the girls and off to the pool we went.  Kate was so sweet and watched Diana (who was peacefully sleeping in the shade) while Lilly and I splashed around in the pool.  As you can see, Lil was not so sure of this oversized bathtub - I think she much prefers her personal one at home.  I, on the other hand, considered that 2 hr. pool day equivalent to a week long vacation to Tahiti.  I think I have been longing for sunshine, the smell of chlorine, a yummy alcoholic beverage (which Chris provided), and a bit of relaxation for WAY too long now.  It was amazing even to me how desperate I was for all these magnificent pleasures!

After the pool, we got cleaned up and headed to our friends' Chad and Gena Pulley's baby shower.  They are expecting a girl in July, and I am so excited b/c they live just a few streets over from us.  Gena also has an identical twin sister so Gena's mom loved being able to hold Lilly & Diana.  The girls were on their best behavior and hardly fussed the entire night...and this was after about 12 hrs. of non-stop motion!  As a result, Diana slept until 8am and Lilly slept until 9am...over 10 hrs. of sleep!!! 

Sunday we spent the entire day over at the Stephensons for their Indy 500 race party.  We got there at 12:30pm and left at 10pm.  I am pretty sure at this point Lilly and Diana were saying to themselves, "not another party!"  We walked into the party with a cooler of beer and a pack n' play.  Hmmm...wrong?  During one of the girls' naps Mindy peeked in and Lilly was 'smacking' Diana in the face while Diana was cracking up!  Min came out and got me, and we just watched this for another few minutes.  It was hilarious!  I ended up having to separate the two b/c Lilly was desperately wanting her sleep and Diana was refusing to let her get it!  Another long day = another long night (yet again, 10 hrs. of continuous sleep!)

 If you come to our house, this is what you will often find.  It's amazing to me how a simple hold calms a baby(ies) down.  This pic was taken after some very loud wails, but once in arms....silence.  

Happy Memorial Day all!  We went back to our boring lives of cleaning the house, doing laundry, picking up more formula at Target, washing bottles, wiping up spit, ordering pizza and saying "this little piggy went to the market..." about 20 times each!  Ha...!

 

Cutest blog on the block