I'm a little behind in the blogging world because things have been pretty busy around here! To any moms out there, if I ever rolled my eyes at you when you claimed to be too busy
because of the kids, or you were always so exhausted
because of the kids, or you just never knew what busy meant
until you had kids...I apologize! I totally get it now. And Lilly and Di aren't even crawling yet...
Courtney moved in with us last week b/c she took a summer internship in Indy. She has been very helpful with the feedings and although I am sure there isn't any 22 yr. old around who would ENJOY living with 2 newborns, she has handled it very well, and I am excited that she is already playing a role in the girls' lives!
(PSA: if you know anyone looking for ad space in the IUPUI student planner, please contact their newest sales rep, Courtney!) :)
Roses from Rose!
Aunt Maureen and Aunt Rose came to visit us this past week!! In a conversation that took place last spring, Rose told me that on my 1st Mother's Day she was going to send me a dozen roses. WELL, I was so happy when she surprised me at my door with TWO dozen roses...one for each of my babies! (We later discovered there were actually 4 dozen roses!) I want to thank Gene for having band camp in Dayton so that Rose was close enough to spend a couple of days with us! She stocked our fridge with all sorts of fresh Costco goods, her and Maureen took the girls on a nice long walk while I made a Target-run, and Rose gave us the best gift ever - sleep! She got lucky though b/c the girls slept until 6am! Each day is a little different with their wake-times. Sometimes, it's 4:30am, other times it can be 7am. We just never know, but luckily we seem to be inching toward a consistent 6:30-7am timeframe. THANK YOU AGAIN MAUREEN AND ROSE!

Maya, Aubrey, Lilly and Diana having LOADS of fun on their playdate!
Lil: "My sister is crying. Again. And you also put a sleeping girl on my lap? What do I have to do to get some love around here?!"
Friday my good friend Ali and her new daughter Aubrey came to visit from Chicago! We had a fun girls' date with our friends Meredith and her daughter Maya and Allie (sans her sons Eli and Ethan.) You can imagine the look on the hostess' face at the Cheesecake Factory when we come walking in with 3 newborns in carseats and a 1 yr. old! Luckily all 4 girls did great!
Diana: "I got my paci, lots of noise, fun things to look at, warm weather, and I'm naked. Life is good."
The rest of the weekend was actually pretty chill (as noticed in the above pic) which was a rare thing for us; however, Diana took that opportunity to come up with some sort of stomach bug that kept us from getting out too much. Luckily she never had a fever so we managed to head over to Chris and Caroline's for a Qdoba fiesta on Sun. night. Poor Kate got a glimpse of Diana's stomach bug, and Lilly apparently had a vengeance against Randy. Lilly very rarely ever gets worked up but BOY was she not happy when Randy was holding her!! But not to worry, Randy, we later discovered the culprit to her very rotten mood...constipation!
My little Kermit the Frog (aka, Diana)...
...and the lovely Miss Lilly
Are we identical or what? (I will let you ponder over who you think is who!)