Friday, July 23, 2010

Tricks and pics!

Since I failed in my picture-taking from the wedding, I decided to snap a few this past week to show off the girls new tricks.  They begin in the morning with lots of rolling over to their tummies, followed by spitting up what seems like their entire bottles.  We hear this will end soon, which will make me, our washing machine, and the girls happy!  As much as I try to keep them on their backs right after a feeding, they refuse! They are only happy on a blanket or their play gym rolling back and forth, back and forth.  Although when I say back and forth, that means them rolling onto their tummies, screaming once they realize they can't roll back, and mommy having to finish the full circle.  This probably happens at least 15 times per child in a course of 45 minutes...you can do the math. :)  This used to be when I would make coffee, check Facebook, you know, all the morning priorities, but already I see this coming to an end!

The girls got into their first fight today - Lil was rolling over on top of Diana, Diana was crying, and then Lil fell off and her poor head crashed pretty loudly onto the floor!  I was watching the whole thing and wondering what the end result would be, and sure enough, it was tears for both!  And the fun begins....  :)

I used to find it so hard to believe when people would tell me that each stage gets better, but so far, that is true!  They are just so fun right now with their experimenting, loud belly laughs, constant smiles, playfulness, etc.  Yesterday the 3 of us went to the mall and Lilly seemed to be putting on a show, cracking up at absolutely NOTHING while people just oooh'd and aaah'd at her.  (Diana was sleeping the whole time, which is a typical portrayal of our days...one sleeps while the other does not. :)  And Diana just cracks me up pretty much all the time.  She is very expressive and is the one who is easily amused.  Instead of putting her belly into a laugh, it seems her whole body moves when she laughs!  We are so lucky to have such happy babies!


  Lil trying out her new toy - the jumperoo!

 
 "Well hello there cute froggy.  My name is Diana.  What's yours?"
 
 "See mom, we can get along!"

But not for long...Diana is screaming right now and Lil is 2 seconds away from flopping over and banging her head on the floor!

 Diana and Mr. Panda Bear having a heart to heart.  Meanwhile Lil can't wait to sink her gums into that bird!

Off to Mindy's wedding we go!  (5 days later, but who's counting?!)
"Hey mom, are there going to be any cute boys at the wedding?"

"Yeah, we know we're cute.  You don't need to tell us."

Attention span = 5 seconds  :)



 

Cutest blog on the block