Sunday, July 25, 2010

Home sweet home...

It was so nice for BOTH Matt and I to be in Indy this weekend, which after we counted, realized hasn't been for 6 weeks!  We noticed the house was eerily calm on Sat. morning (the girls were playing contently on the floor and Court was star-gazing in L.A.)  We honestly looked at each other like, "What do we do now?"  Luckily we had a full day's worth of activities planned or dare I say....we might have been BORED!!  Ha...oh to dream again!

We actually had so much time on our hands we decided to teach the girls how to read!  They are fast learners. :)

Despite the 100 degree weather, we braved Choo choo (Charlie Maczka)'s 2nd birthday party at Holliday Park!  The girls didn't seem to mind the oppressive temps and had a great time hanging with a few of their friends - Kate and Rory.  I enjoyed talking to a fellow twin mom who had her 22 month old twin boys there...up until she told me that things are harder now than they were at 6 months.  I think that's when I walked away from her.  ;)

Off to Charlie's party! (D & L)

Lilly
Diana
  All 4 of these little munchkins are miniature versions of their daddies!  (Matt, Di & Lil; Brad & Kate; Klint & Rory)
      

Enjoying some family time at the party!

Does anyone know where the girls get their rosy red cheeks?

Happy Birthday, Charlie!  We hope you like your Rody!

"Look Sophie, I have a red dot on my face just like you!"  (A battle wound, aka mosquito bite, from the party.)



After the party and a quick nap (for the girls, as much as I wished it were for me), we headed to my friend Meredith's for an AXO reunion!  Our friend Ali was in town from California to meet the girls for the 1st time, and then there was Maya (Meredith's little girl) and our other friend Allie and her 2 little boys (with the 3rd on the way!)  That was 5 kids in a little apartment but everyone got along great and the 4 of us elders actually found time to catch up!

Ali bonding with Diana and Eli

Eli
Ethan

Maya
Lil (sans clothes b/c her and Di just devoured some messy carrots!)
Diana




Allie said a bad word ("stupid") so she had to take a 3 min. time-out in the corner, per Eli.  Ethan also decided she needed a spanking (while naked, of course.)


And finally, a little play-time/rough-housing footage:

This is what I discovered when not paying attention

And this...

 And this too...Lil was rolling around in her own spit-up...not going to win any 'mom of the year' awards!



Cutest blog on the block