Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breakfast of Champions & Gym Day #5

Multiple choice question:  What do you think my girls chose to eat for this morning's breakfast?

A.  Wheaties
B.  Oatmeal
C.  Yogurt
D.  Iams Lamb & Rice Dog Food

I am guessing all of you answered this one correctly....the answer is D:  dog food.

How did this happen?  I was in the family room addressing two cards that I needed to mail while the girls meandered into the kitchen.  Not unusual and I took note to give them 2 minutes before I checked on them.  However, I was captivated by more Charlie Sheen saga on the news (I mean, really...who isn't?) and lost track of my 2 minutes.  All of a sudden I was jolted out of my trance by something far worse than children's screams...complete and utter silence.  This only meant one thing:  Trouble with a capital T.  I hurried my way into the kitchen and was horrified at the sight of both Lilly and Diana with handfuls, and yes, mouthfuls, of dog food!  I, without thinking of the consequences, screamed at the top of my lungs, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  I screamed so loud that I literally made Lilly jump and her and Diana confessed their hatred to me for the next hour and a half.  What is even more horrifying is that when I first caught them they were happily chowing (pun intended) the dog food and even smiled at me with big soggy wet dog food grins.  ICK!! ICK!!  ICK!!

After screaming, removing the dog food from their hands and mouths, I then ran to get the camera.  This is an event that could not go undocumented!
Diana won't eat pancakes, but she sure did love her big bowl of Iams! (Notice the remnants still on the mat.)
Lilly is looking at me like I just took a chocolate cupcake out of her hand!  It's DOG FOOD Lilly!  You are not a dog!


And now on to my next big screw up of the week:  gym day #5.  Let me tell you what is worse than being paged over the intercom every single time you are there...NOT being paged over the intercom while someone else is being summoned to the childcare center but hearing MY girls screaming in the background!!  Yes, that is right.  That would be like getting a babysitter so you can go shopping but taking the baby monitor with you to the mall.  Uncool.  I actually watched as people giggled at the sounds of children in hysterics over the intercom.  By all means, I would too if I knew they WEREN'T MY KIDS.

I later found out the reason I could hear my girls' screams is because each of the instructors had to hold Lilly and Diana the entire 45 min. I was gone, so they were holding the girls as they were making the announcement.  So, gym day #5 = another BIG FAT FAIL.  (Diana, my dear, you get more like a C+.  Lilly, sweet angel, you get an F.)

Cutest blog on the block