Friday, February 17, 2012

Turning Two: Part 3

This past Saturday we threw the girls a giant birthday bash.  The "girls" being Lil, Di, Addie and Ellie.  Since all 4 birthdays are within 2 weeks of each other and all 4 kids are (obviously) girls and 95% of the invitees would be the same for the 4 kids, Krista and I decided to just throw one party.  We kept the party to family only, and we still managed to have 43 people there!  Memo to Segers:  stop reproducing!  (I know, practice what you preach, mom of twins...)

I have no idea how the party went.  I honestly don't.  I had a great time decorating the house, cooking and dressing up my little ballerinas for their big bash, but that's about the last memory I have.  And no, I didn't spike the lemonade...it's just when you throw 18 kids all under the age of 7 in one house, you are the host and the mom of two of the birthday girls, you somehow miss out on the ENTIRE two hour event and wind up asking your husband at midnight, "Was that fun or was that a complete shit show?"  His reply, "I have absolutely no idea."

A few signs that the party was a "success":

1)  I didn't get a single picture of my girls standing by each other in their cute leotards.
2)  Much less all 4 girls in a picture.
3)  After the party, our play room / basement looked like a tsunami hit it.
4)  Our toilet somehow managed to get clogged by a mysterious yellow ball.
5)  Our new chalkboard wall looks like a grafitti'd New York subway.
6)  We still can't get our TV to work down there.
7)  My girls ask for a new present every single day.
8)  My girls ask for a cupcake every single day.
9)  I took a 4 hour nap on Sunday.
10)  And a 4 hour nap on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

THESE LOVELY PHOTOS WERE TAKEN FOR THE INVITATIONS:

Ellie, Addie, Lil & Di 
Addie must have said something funny!
Such an awesome group of girls!
"Who likes ice cream?!"


The final product!!




THESE 'LOVELY' PHOTOS WERE TAKEN AT THE PARTY:


Ballerinas devouring their ice cream - the #1 reason my kiddos will probably never be one in real life!

 Addie showing off her cupcake and the candle that she accidentally blew out while singing Happy Birthday and was NOT happy about it!


 Ellie, "the wounded soldier".


 Di & Lil "twirling" for the crowd


 At the very end of the night I realized we didn't get a single pic of us with the girls.


I think the chalkboard wall was a big hit!









3RD BIRTHDAY PARTY = SKATE PALACE

Cutest blog on the block