Now I know how the parents of Charlie and his cute brother felt when they captured the now infamous video "Charlie Bit My Finger!" Why do I know how they feel? Oh just because I received a testimonial from them via the agency they had to license with in order to control the media mania who has now been reaching out to us. I mean SERIOUSLY people...this is insane!
Our video can now be found on the 3 major networks: ABC, CBS, NBC. This includes Good Morning America, The Today Show, MSNBC, and World Top News Today. We've been contacted by The Ellen Degeneres Show but so far haven't seen anything. It's now on worldwide Yahoo News! websites, the UK Daily Mail, IMDB, Bing, Hollybaby (didn't what that even was but I like the website - for celeb mommies!) and a slew of others - I can't even begin to list them all. We are currently at 717,218 views, which is 200,000 more than we had yesterday, and about 700,000 more than we had last week. I am totally boggled by this mania!
Many have asked how this happened and what is going on as we speak. I posted this video on YouTube in 2010 after I taped it, made it public in order for people to view it via this blog, fast forward to 2012 when I was sitting in a doctor's appointment and received an email from someone from The Today Show and MSNBC wanting to air it. I came home about 2 hours later, looked at my YouTube inbox and had about 20 messages from licensing agencies, national and worldwide media. I told Matt, Matt called his dad, and his dad goes, "Matt, go to CBSnews.com. Your video is on the homepage." Ummmmmmmmmmm.........WHAT?!
Since then it's been a whirlwind of inquiries...some offering money, most just wanting to air it non-commital. As I learned today, none of these media news networks actually need our permission since it's the news and they can do and say as they please, but that the "reputable" networks will almost always ask for permission as a courtesy. Some have, some haven't.
It's been fun and Matt and I are enjoying the 34 seconds of 'fame.' We find it harmless and the girls are clueless. They actually don't even know it's them in the video and just scream for that pacifier!
However, with the good comes the bad and the ugly. The bad was the terrible reporting from the CBS reporter who said, "Lauren tells me she posted this video thinking her mother would find this funny." Does anyone REALLY think I said that?! I mean, come on woman...I told you I posted it for family and you just assume I have a loving mother who wants to watch videos of my kids? I mean, even if my mother did exist, what if she was a hateful wench who I ran away from when I was 15? Good grief.
As for the ugly, here was a comment posted on YouTube:
why are they so fat?? put them on a damn treadmill so they lose that fat...fat ass americans...
Who says that?! If I didn't think it was so hysterical I might actually be mad! At least these two people have my back...check out their responses to that comment:
Please stop trolling and it's even more sad that you had to post that comment on a video featuring babies. Get a life.
They are BABIES, you humongous dimwitted gnat.
