Monday, October 11, 2010

Football Frenzy!

Two football games, a Colts victory, a few drafts of beer, good friends/family & great babysitters = awesome weekend!

Matt, I and the girls headed to Columbus on Friday to visit Babci and Dziadziu (remember my Polish lesson from a few months ago?  That would be grandma and grandpa Bajorek :), Tim, Shonda, Alex and Evan.  We also were there to hit up our 1st football game of the weekend - IU vs. OSU.  Our trip hit a rough patch early on when we suddenly came to a halt on I-70 for about an hour and a half due to a wreck ahead.  This would have been tolerable had we not two babies in the car.  Lilly and Diana were UNhappy campers and, without exaggerating, wailed for a total of about an hour and 20 minutes.  I tried everything from bottles and puffs to blackberries and cell phones and cameras and sunglasses to music and dancing to shoes and toys to windows open to windows shut, and on and on and on.  They wanted out of that car seat and they wanted out NOW!  Too bad we were still moving (at a pace of about 5 mph) so I couldn't get them out, and there was no exit in sight, and we were still over an hour from Columbus.  I kept eyeing the other cars that were crawling next to us wondering which person would be most accommodating when I knocked on their window and asked if I could hop in the car with them at least until we passed the cause of this madness.  Actually, they were eyeing back at me like, "Woman, will you please shut your windows so we don't have listen to those two screaming babies?!"  I kept thinking about that phrase, "patience is a virtue", and wondering what comes after patience?  I later found out it comes in 3 forms:  grandma, grandpa, and wine.

Once at the Bajoreks, all in the world was well again and Lil and Di were very excited to be in the arms of grandma and grandpa!  We had a nice evening in with the whole crew.  It's fun to watch all 4 cousins play together...the two boys running rampant and the two girls watching them with wild curiosity.  The girls were so good all weekend!

Lil and Di playing with cousin Evan

Thank you to Babci for borrowing these 'must-haves'!
 Less I forget to mention Tommy (Matt's 1st love) was also with us at the football games.  Here he is enjoying some time with his 2 favorite gals!
Hey Segers...finally Matt showed some loyalty to his fellow Hoosiers!  (For some reason this makes me think of the speech my dad gave at our wedding...telling those Ohio fans in the back to 'pipe down.')
 
 The view from out seats.  Sigh....

The 4 Bajorek cousins:  Evan, Lil, Di, Alex

This photo cracks me up!
Sweet Lady Di

On Sunday morning we headed back to Indy and luckily this road trip fared much better than the one prior.  Although, it still amazes me how out of sync Lil and Di can be.  It's almost as if on cue that when one falls asleep, the other wakes up.  I should learn my lesson and when venturing out, choose a seat in the middle of the back row instead of up front with Matt!

Next up, Colts game!  Mindy and Wags offered to babysit and I was not going to turn that offer down!  I thoroughly enjoy watching my best friends love on my daughters, not to mention the free babysitting.  :)  They took the girls to the park but unfortunately made a rookie mistake...forgot the pacifiers!  GAHHHH!  My heart ached for them!  However, they too survived what was probably a very tense walk back home.  After a Colts victory, we continued the fun at the house with even more friends!

After a long afternoon babysitting, Min and Wags are still smiling!
Thank you to Babci, Dziadziu, Min & Wags for giving Matt and I a bit of a break and for taking great care of our little ones!

Cutest blog on the block