Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Is there anything more fitting than dressing up our little cheeky chunkers as little Miss Piggies?  I promise they were the cutest little piglets you ever did see!  We had a fun night at the Winings' house with a lot of our friends...Mark & Steph, the newlyweds - Adam & Alina, the Maczkas, the Pulleys, the Barretts, and a TON more kids!  It was baby central!

It was also a day of firsts for the girls:  1) 1st Halloween; 2) 1st taste of chocolate for Lilly who ate through a bag of M&Ms to get a sampling of the hard candy coating; and 3) 1st taste of beer thanks to Uncle Adam!  We were a little embarrassed when we heard a guy at the party yell, "Call Child Services!"  I am still not sure if he was kidding...


"Plastic bags, you got nothin' on our bottom chompers!!"

 Fighting over a toy, as usual.

 The girls with their new friend Lily (born 2 days before our girls) and Henry Winings

 Adam is making up for the all the Seger uncles in Jasper who would be doing the exact same thing.

Our fam (Diana still trying so hard to rip that bag open!)

The rest of our weekend was spent at HOME...something that you know is a rarity with us.  We (Matt) raked leaves while I did more baby-proofing around the house, we went to dinner with Aaron and Wags (1st time we've ever had to take one of the girls out of the restaurant b/c of bad behavior...I think it was Snake's high energy rubbing off on the girls...:), and today we made a visit to cioci Becca at work.  Becca is a nurse in the NICU at St. Vincents.  Matt and I had to visit the NICU once during our childbirth classes because of the likelihood that our girls would spend time there.  Well, that visit was no where in comparison to what I experienced today.  After Becca introduced me to a number of very sick little babies, I walked away feeling ever so lucky that we delivered two healthy ones.  It also made me realize what Becca has to endure during her long days at work.  If that isn't one of the toughest jobs around, I truly don't know what is.

This weekend we also implemented Operation Shut Eye.  More to come on that later...

And lastly, this past week I was on a photographing frenzy...all the fall colors, the girls new fall clothes, not being able to go to the gym b/c of the girls' infections (aka, COOPED UP AT HOME 24 hrs a day/7 days a week!), etc.  So I compiled all our recent pics and made a little photo montage...'little' being 4 minutes worth.  If you have the time, enjoy!!

Cutest blog on the block