Lilly and Diana found some fun gifts in their stockings this morning! Matt informed me that they were supposed to go in their shoes, so I officially broke tradition the 1st year that we observed it. And seeing that their main gift "The Elf on the Shelf" was purchased at Nordstrom, I then had to take the gift out of their happy hands because just a few hours later I stormed back into that wretched hole in a wall of a store and returned it...money going back on a different credit card than the Nordstrom one that I purchased it on. So not only did I suffer utter humiliation by being detained and handcuffed yesterday (have I mentioned that I was detained and handcuffed yesterday?), I also broke the hearts of my 10 month old girls as they were celebrating their very 1st gift giving holiday. I am sure they will be scarred for life.
Happy girls finding books in their stockings!
Diana unsure of what is going on.
Lilly however is very excited to see Elmo!!
I guess the girls can be as bad as they want this year because no Elf will be watching them!
As a follow-up to yesterday, I was a bit surprised today when a woman from the Nordstrom corporate office contacted me seeing that I was told someone from the regional office would be contacting me. I was immediately informed that this incident will not be taken lightly which is why it is already being investigated at the corporate level. I was apologized to frequently and was told that this is the one of the worst things that can happen to their store's reputation, therefore they are taking this incident 'very seriously.' She also mentioned this has not happened in one of their stores before. I will wait until the weekend to know what actions will be taken, and in the meantime I will be returning the boots that are being shipped to my house soon as a gift that was to come from grandma Lila. BOOYA! It's amazing how Nordstrom has now taken over the month of December's ranking of the #1 thing I despise the most. December actually looks warm and inviting in comparison!
