Despite proclaiming to myself in bitter revenge to the month of December, "I AM NOT GOING TO PUT UP ONE SINGLE CHRISTMAS DECORATION THIS YEAR - BAH HUMBUG!!", I am eating my thoughts this week as I have had fun decorating the house, sealing our Christmas cards, shopping and decking the girls out in their holiday finest! We have not made a whole lot of progress in decorating as most of the stuff is still sitting in their bins in the middle of the floor wherever there is not a toy, empty bottle, scraps of food, wagon or stuffed animal. And we have not gotten our Christmas tree yet either. However, my mom came up to Indy the 1st year we moved in our house and her and I spent days decorating. She loved our new house and said it reminded her of a "Christmas house". The genius that she was told me to take pictures of our decorating masterpiece so I remembered for the next year, which was last year and we all know how that Christmas turned out...so that brings us to this year. A lot has happened in two years and I can't remember what day it is so THANK YOU MOM for making me take pictures!

I used this bin as a barricade from the kitchen to where I was laying out all my sharp tiny objects and this is what was staring at me the entire time.
Now THAT is the smile I remember, Miss Diana! (For some reason her smiles have been replaced with earth shattering screams this week! Matt does the most amazing impression - I will try and videotape.)
Lil Bean showing off her new monkey-in-a-stocking shirt!
Well, isn't this nice?! Playing together, not on top of each other, smiling, no tears, no screams, no stealing toys!
Posing in front of the one area I did get decorated but now have to re-do because the stockings aren't centered and I am losing sleep over it.
On another note, yesterday we had Diana's appointment with the plastic surgeon who was 'pleasantly surprised' at how well the finger has healed up to this point. I sort of assumed that would be it and we would be on our merry way - as we were when we visited the pediatrician the day before - but then he had to go and get all medical on us and talk about the fact that there is still a chance the infection has gotten to a bone in the finger. His reason for stating this was because of the way the nail appears and the color/swelling of the finger. If it has gotten to the bone (which my
naive optimistic self thinks it has not), then a surgery will be required. He wants to see Diana back every week until we know for sure.
After cooking a gourmet meal of chips n' salsa, the girls refused to let us eat in peace. They are worse at begging for scraps than Reagan!
This is our solution - sprinkle puffs over the entire family room which keeps them occupied for a good 10 minutes! (Our old solution of Baby Einstein is apparently just that - old! They are no longer amused...)