The ferry ride was an adventure in itself! As you may well know, no cars are allowed on Mackinac Island so you have to haul all your belongings on the ferry. Technically we had 3 things to haul: Lil, Di, and the double stroller. Since the stroller is not allowed in the main cabin, Matt had to take responsibility of finding a safe place for that while I ventured onto the boat with 2 babies in my arms. I counted how many "ooohs" and "aaaahs" I got....742. :) Once on, Matt joined us and we had a successful while bumpy ride to the island.
We started out walking to where we thought was the historic Grand Hotel, but soon (as in 30 minutes soon) discovered that we were walking an 8 mile trek to no-where. We headed back and inquired about renting bikes, and that is where the fun begins and ends!! Who knew you could rent a tandem bike AND pull a double Burley behind you?? Well, in Mackinac you can! So, there you have it, Matt and I on tandem bike pulling L & D behind us for an 8 mile ride. It took us a while to gain control and truthfully Diana was NOT having nearly as much fun as Matt and I obviously were, but soon enough we got control and she fell asleep and we were a merry family of 4 just living the (Mackinac) dream.
After a stop for fudge, coffee, and a return ferry ride, we went back to the hotel, cleaned up, and headed back out for pizza in downtown Petosky. (6 month old twins will NOT stop us!) We ended the evening with a walk and a bottle feeding by the beach, and to bed we all went...perhaps it's about time we understand that 6 month old twins SHOULD be stopping us. I am exhausted...
2 side notes: 1) My uber-convenient-and-fantastically-expensive Ipad which boasts the 3G network is not so fantastic. That or Michigan and AT&T hate each other. Hence the delay in blogging... and 2) I am rating my relaxation factor on the number of pages I read in the book I brought with me. Currently I am on page 7.
