Our last day of vacation! Boooo! :( Matt and I woke up at 6am and after packing, waking the girls and feeding, we finally made it on the road at 7:30. We only made one stop at yet another Wendy's for lunch...and made it home by 2:30pm! We were welcomed home with a giant sign that Courtney made, but that was bittersweet b/c while we were gone she moved her stuff out and will be heading back to her SENIOR year of college!
Lil and Di did great on the way home! At one point, they even held their own bottles when we weren't quite ready to pull over for a feeding. They needed a little help, but man, what a great day that will be when I can hand 2 bottles over to 2 babies to feed themselves!
All in all, this vacation was a definite success! Personally, I achieved a goal that I had hoped for when embarking on this vacation. Ever since my parents passed away I have failed to shut my mind off long enough to read even one chapter in a book. And I used to love to read. Every time I have tried to open a book, I would immediately have to put it down b/c my mind would drift to these past few (actually almost 9) months. I haven't been able to watch any sort of TV - or at least anything that requires minimal concentration. My concentration level can withstand an US Weekly...and that's about it! This was why I brought up the book quite often in these past few posts. I achieved a personal goal of mine...so far reading 1/2 a book...and in a way, I think that's a big step towards whatever sort of healing process my family and I are on.
Also, Matt and I proved that just b/c we have twins, doesn't mean we still can't do all the fun things that we love to do! Things change, of course, but if we can't do it now, what are we going to do when we have our NEXT set of twins?? (Ha...I really hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the a$$.) I have a feeling that our next vacation, which will be when the girls are either crawling or walking, will have a MUCH different vibe to it! I do realize that stationary 6 month olds vs. mobile 12 month olds are probably a whole heck-of-a-lot different!
Now I'm sure all of you want me to shut up and just post pics, so here they are! (All of them can be viewed soon by going to "View My Gallery" on the right-hand side of this page.)



