Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stay-at-home-mom loses sanity

If found, please return to its rightful owner:  ME!

I'm not completely serious, of course...and I'm not sure what actually classifies one as having lost sanity, but if it's spending all day (all 15 minutes) googling 'part-time jobs in Indianapolis', then I have officially lost my sanity!  Without going into detail, let's just blame my need for a 'break' on teething (which quite honestly may not be the case at all) and perhaps a little more balance in my life.  I suddenly realize that when you have two children, particularly newborns who rely on you 100%, you really are never 'off-duty.'  Not that I'm complaining, though.  Well, you got me, so I am!  They always say a good balance makes you a better mom, and that's what I want to achieve.  Hopefully that doesn't mean actually going back to work (which I am sure I would regret the second I left the girls!) but I do think it means a few more than 5 hours of baby-free time in a week.  Not sure how to accomplish this yet, but I will keep you informed!

Despite the girls somewhat 'off' behavior, we did manage to venture to Bloomington this past weekend for a very enjoyable day with the fam.  We all wanted to kick off Courtney's senior year at IU right...and for me, Matt, Phil, Mark and Steph...perhaps also take a walk down memory lane.  We trekked through campus, checked out the Seger plaque in the business school, and ate dinner at where else but Mother Bear's for the best pizza and breadsticks around.  The girls were so good the entire day!  If only I had the stamina to walk them around in a stroller 18 hours a day, everyday...!!

 L & D getting a tour of the business school

The Seger Family plaque that hangs in the hallway between the undergrad and grad shool...a classroom named in their honor.

Very good words by a very good man.

Courtney, Mark & Steph waving to us amongst the crowd at Kilroys!

Diana getting kisses from Reagan (BTW, have I mentioned that we have a dog?  Well, we do. :)

Lil getting her share of wet kisses too!

This was quite cute...the girls had their toys to play with so Reagan left the room and reappeared with her own toy.  She just wants to be part of the fam!

"Diana, if you don't give me that bird I am going to take you down!"

"Back off sister, you may be bigger than me but I am scrappy!"

The playroom needless to say was a big hit for all the little ones, Addie included!
Saving the best for last.  THIS is why I stay at home...to watch my 2 little peanuts. :)

Cutest blog on the block