Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bay Harbor Day 6 (Saturday)

I was so happy to wake up and know that we weren't heading home today!  The weather was once again dark and gloomy, something not so unusual anymore so we didn't really care. 

When the girls went down for their morning nap, Matt headed out to 'check out' a nearby casino - in other words, do a little gambling.  Unfortunately for him, none of the craps tables opened until noon so he had to settle for a few rounds of Black Jack.  Poor boy.  :(  I sat outide and enjoyed a few more pages of my book (BTW, I am reading 'Eat Pray Love' and finally made it to India!)

We spent the afternoon at the Petoskey Festival on the Bay where we stuffed our faces with chili dogs, french fries and an elephant ear for me (to make my mom proud.)  We then popped into several of the shops in downtown Petoskey, which is a really cute area for shopping and dining.  I picked up a few souvenirs for the girls (couldn't go home empty-handed!)  I think we were stopped more in this 3 hr. span than we have been in all 6 months.  Apparently the people of Petoskey don't breed twins like us Indiana folk!

After the girls afternoon nap, we sat down at the beach and watched a wedding (or actually THE wedding...the one that ruined my relaxation in the 'Relaxation Room'.  Sadly Thankfully the bride didn't trip down the aisle.) 

Around 5:30pm the sun finally came out so Matt and I figured we'd take the girls for a swim one last time.  I headed down to the pool barefoot to check out the water temp, and all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my foot, as if I just stepped on glass!  I immediately check and it's not spewing blood, and I don't see a splinter, so I try to keep on walking but it HURTS.  I soon find out that I stepped on a bee (I am sure by now you are shocked that such a thing would happen to me!) and it stung...and it HURT.  STILL HURTS!  So I hobbled back to the room and declared it a night.  We capped the vacation off with pizza and a movie with the window open so we can still hear the waves crashing and feel the chill in the air.  Hahaha...I am just trying to make all my blog-followers jealous!  (In actuality, Lilly keeps waking up b/c she has snot pouring out her nose...)

Relaxation Factor update:  page 151 + pizza and a movie minus Lilly's snot minus bee sting = content with sore foot

Cutest blog on the block