Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy 1/2 birthday to the girls...and the big 3-1 to Matt!

Yesterday was Diana and Lilly's 6 month birthday!  And today is Matt's 31st birthday!  After a fun weekend in Jasper at the Strassenfest, the festivities continue!

 The birthday boy with the birthday girls

Matt and I will be celebrating tonight over some gross yummy cuts of meat at Fogo de Chao!  Personally I'll be looking forward to the wine, salad bar, and creme brulee.  Just what I need after a weekend's worth of fest food!  Elaine (our fabulous new babysitter) will be watching the girls so I am looking forward to a fun date night with my hubby! 

So...6 months.  What a crazy and joyful 6 months it has been!  Seeing pictures of Lilly and Diana at birth and in those 1st few months, how tiny they were, and now seeing them today...happy and healthy...makes me a very proud mommy!  Our family has come a long way in the past 6 months (and then some.)  Several months ago I don't know what I had envisioned my life to be with 2 new babies so soon after the loss of both my parents, but as I sit today, I can say that for the most part, my life is very fulfilling and happy.  Matt and I have overcome a lot, and I think we can look at each other and smile at a job well done.  I know the struggle is not over, and there will definitely be times when it will get even harder, but to get past those 1st crucial months of premature twins + sudden grief = a (whole) lot of relief.

Lilly celebrated her 1/2 birthday by sitting up!!  Strangely enough I thought she was about 2 weeks away, but on Friday during her 6 month photo shoot, she just sat...and sat...and sat...and it was several minutes before she fell backwards!  I have a feeling Diana is not too far behind and will conquer this feat here in the next week.

Diana loves to do this razzing noise with her mouth that is hilarious!  They both grab my hair, pinch our noses, pull our ears, etc.  Their personalities have not changed much...Lil is still very calm and laid-back...for the majority only upset when hungry or tired (aka, easy.)  Diana is a still a sassy little thing (aka, not quite as easy!)  I have said that her smile lights up a room, and her cry clears it out!  Both girls smile and laugh a lot though, and there is nothing sweeter than that.  And then there are those cheeks, and those rolls...oh those rolls...SO SO SO much to love!

Since I didn't start this blog until a few months after the girls were born, I decided to share some photos from the beginning.

THEN
 Lillian Jane
Diana Madelyn
Diana on left; Lil on right
 Chillin' in their bouncy seats
Diana
Lilly
Two peas in a pod!




NOW

Lilly sitting up!
 Diana in her new (actually very ancient...from when we were babies) walker!
Playing together
Checking each other out
Rolling over
A few of our daily activities
Still two peas in a pod!

Cutest blog on the block