Saturday, August 28, 2010

Playroom debut (and then some)!

You could say that L & D have been playing in the slums ever since they were born.  Although that may be a tad of an exaggeration in referring to their playtime conditions, it definitely was time to give them a bit more space and a lot more cushion!  When they were 6 lbs and didn't move, that was fine.  But they aren't 6 lbs anymore and they DO move...a lot!  They also fall backward and sideways and forward, and to do that on concrete padded with an outdoor mat should truthfully be a reason to call child services.  I did add a 2'x8' yoga mat, but one good roll and they were off that too! 

In between caring for 2 sick (I use that term loosely...they have the sniffles) babies and a rather helpless husband who has also been sick (sorry Matt, you can confirm my use of the word 'helpless'), I tore through what was my old 'office' which essentially became 'the-room-that-all-our-crap-that-didn't-have-a-place-to-go-or-we-were-too-lazy-to-find-a-place-for-went.'  I was often found doing this with one baby in my arms/one crying on the sidelines, two crying on the sidelines, two crying outside when I was a tad tired of hearing the crying, two crying in their cribs when mommy didn't think it was ready for naptime to be over (which, for that fact, it was not), etc.  Yes, I became a MEAN mom this week!  Luckily, the fabulous Elaine (our babysitter) came over on Thurs. and after I had my 2nd round root canal appt. (did I mention that the only hours I have been child-free in the past 3 weeks was when I had a root canal?  I'll take another please!  Just kidding, L & D, mommy loves you), she continued to watch the girls while I finished the remodel.  So, now that I am done feeling sorry for myself...here are some pics of our new play area!

GOODBYE 2'x8' yoga mat,

Our old play area, equipped with yoga mat and caged cushions for safety!

HELLO new playroom slash office slash crafts center! 

So much room to move and cushion to bang our heads!

View from the door
I didn't want to buy any new shelving quite yet, but I do realize that little unit is going to fill up with toys REALLY quickly!  And yes, I did secure those frames and picture boxes. :)

My blogging/facebook/changing pad station (When we moved in, why did we decide to paint this room hunter green?  Ick.)

And also some random pics from our week:

Giggly Diana

I think Lil has gymnastics in her future

Bathtime:  Lil loves to grab the toys and put them in her mouth.  (Someone told me that 2 babies could fit in this duck at the same time.  Wrong!  Life will get much easier when we can bathe the girls together!)

Bathtime:  Diana loves to kick her feet and smack the water like it's been bad!

The girls in their cute outfits from Tommy!  (So, if you notice sometimes we are holding Diana's back and sometimes we are not.  This is because she actually CAN sit, for several minutes or more, but she hates to do it.  She would much rather be rolling around on the ground chasing after something!)

Aren't these outfits adorable??  Thanks Tommy W.!  We told you they would fit - eventually!






Cutest blog on the block