Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bay Harbor Day 4 (Thursday)

This morning's forecast was a little questionable - we rose to dark clouds and chilly temps - always something that can put a damper on an entire day's worth of vacationing.  I decided to take advantage anyway, and once the girls went down for their morning nap, I suddenly became thrilled about the idea of sitting in the hot tub with my book and cup of coffee, so excited in fact that I found myself skipping down to the hot tub!  My heart was broken however, when I stumbled upon the sign, "HOT TUB CLOSED."  Seriously Inn at Bay Harbor, my choice words are...you suck.  As consolation, I suited up in my ugly white robe that the hotel supplied, plus a blanket, and trotted down to a chair on the beach where I took in about 40 pages of my book.  The hotel is forgiven...but I was cold.

The weather surprisingly started to clear and it actually became the best day we've had so far.  We set up shop once again in our same corner on the lawn with our same tent and supplies.  D & L were happy being in the tent, swam for a little bit, and took a pretty decent nap.  Unfortunately both girls seemed to have come down with some sort of cold, which is terrible for us to watch b/c I know they don't feel 100%, but they sure are making every effort to be on their best behavior.  Diana can have snot running down her entire face, but that darn smile is still plastered all over it!  Such sweet little girls...they have been such great vacationers!!! 

Matt was really pushing this babysitting service they offer at the hotel, and I had my reservations, but decided to go with it anyway.  So, we left the girls in the hands of a babysitter from 7pm-10pm while we grabbed dinner at a nearby (5 min. walk) restaurant overlooking the water.  It was actually perfect!  Until...the babysitter called.  My heart hit the floor when the number popped up.  She actually only called because she became very concerned that she didn't burp the girls well enough before they went to bed because they kept "gurgling."  Ha...I guess I didn't realize this was bizarre behavior, but now I know that it is!  That or she was very amateur, which could also be the case.  But, yes, my girls gurgle.  A lot.  I actually find it hilarious but now it's become so common I don't even realize that they are doing it!  Now we are home and the girls are snoring in their cribs so all is well with the world again!

So everyday so far has come with a random story, and this one may just take the cake:

On day 1 of our trip we met a woman and her twin boys (and a 3rd boy) - she saw us loading up the girls and of course had to come introduce herself.  Every single day since we have RANDOMLY been at the same restaurant as them for dinner.  And it's not that we have been going to places around here, nor are we dining at the most kid-friendly places.  We 1st met her and the boys in Mackinac which is over an hour from where we are, then the next night her husband saw our girls and introduced himself, just to later introduce us to his wife and kids, and we were so shocked at that point to be reunited with the ppl from the day before...her boys were actually more floored than us!  And then tonight, Matt and I are on our 'date' and guess who walked in - the husband, wife and twin boys!  (Mind you, this couple is not staying in our hotel nor anywhere close to our hotel.)  Tomorrow night they decided that instead of having us randomly meet at some restaurant, they'd invite us over to their lakehouse for dinner.  So, Matt and I and Lil and Di will be dining with them at their lakehouse in Harbor Springs.  Hmmm...stay tuned!

Relaxation factor update:  page 93

Cutest blog on the block