Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bay Harbor Day 5 (Friday)

This morning we woke up to thunderstorms which was actually welcome because Matt and I each had a morning massage booked!  He went 1st while I fed and put the girls down for their morning nap, then it was my turn.  Matt told me to go early, take my book, and sit in the 'Relaxation Room' as it's called for 30 min. prior to my massage.  Great idea babe!  So I get in my furry robe and sit all alone on one of the plush couches, overlooking the lake, thunder rolling, and coffee and book in hand.  I get this perfect slice of heaven for a whopping 10 minutes before someone joins me, and then a 3rd person, and a 4th...and soon I figure out...it's a bridal party!  SWEET!  Not.  One said, "Oh honey, we hope you weren't trying to relax!"  My reply..."Nope."  I won't even put into words what was really rolling around in my head.  I then spent my final 20 minutes staring at the delicious bloody mary's being passed around (which no one offered to me) and listening to wedding babble.  Luckily, my massage was AWESOME and I walked away a very refreshed mama!

(BTW, I will add that I think the bridal party was all the work of my dad.  My dad never did understand when I told him I wanted to go on vacation to "relax."  That word was just not part of his vocabulary, which I now can understand b/c I do find it somewhat overrated.  When ppl purposely try to seek relaxation, they end up getting so stressed over the fact that it has not been found, and then they leave more stressed than when they came.  However, I can see my dad doing all this on purpose, chuckling the entire time at my bitterness, while my mom would say, "Oh Larry, just let her be for 15 minutes."  And my dad saying, "Dianne, she doesn't need to relax!"  Good one, dad!  :)

So after our fab massages, we walked to the Pancake House, fed the girls some applesauce while Matt and I enjoyed our banana and blueberry pancakes.  The weather ended up coming through and we enjoyed a few hrs. by the pool.  Back to the room for another nap and then time to get ready for the evening.

We headed to Harbor Springs to our new friends, Joe and Elizabeth, lakehouse.  It was a beautiful house that sat on the lake in a beautiful and quaint neighborhood.  They have 11 yr. old twin boys and a 7 yr. old son and live in Lexington, KY.  We ended up sitting on their porch drinking wine for the girls, scotch for the boys, eating pizza and talked for 4 hrs. straight...it could have gone on for much longer!  The girls were SO good the entire time...I think we all were impressed by their stellar behavior!  We had a lot in common with this couple and got along great.  Hopefully, (considering Matt and I want to make this an annual vacation), we will see them here again next year!

You may be wondering when we are coming home.  Well, Diana and Lil woke up from their naps today and both cried out, "we don't want to leave tomorrow!!!!"  So, that was that.  We ended up extending our stay an extra night and will be here until Sunday.  And at the beginning of this trip we thought we may end up going home early.  "HA.....take that Matt and Lauren!  You had no faith in your precious little munchkins."  To D & L, you are the perfect little travelers and we are so proud of you!!!

Relaxation Factor (RF) update:  page 123 + an entire US Weekly + a massage + a dad who is controlling my RF = who cares anymore...I'm happy!  :)

Cutest blog on the block