Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Diana update - Day 4 (part 2)

Not surprisingly after I posted the last update about Diana being able to play in the exersaucer and crawl around did things go sour.  Her IV came out once again.  Let me tell you how many times she has been poked with an IV needle since Saturday...14 times.  Matt and I were Diana's advocates and said enough is enough.  The nurse completely agreed.  We discussed putting in a PICC line then, but the Dr. decided against it because he is optimistic that if she can get through one more full day on an IV, she may be able to go to oral meds.  We agreed to ONE more time, and that's it.  I cannot see my baby girl go through this anymore.  This time they called the IV team in (the elite of all IV professionals) and the nice lady got it on the 1st try (now in her arm) and it is still in.  REJOICE!!

This is how exhausted Diana was tonight:  she fell asleep around 6pm and the nurse came in at 9:30pm and unwrapped her cast-like contraption holding in her IV, flushed her IV, hooked up the antibiotics, took her pulse, heart rate, vitals and temperature, removed the dressing from her hand and put ointment on her finger...and Di slept through the entire thing.  This was definitely a first.  Right now when I usually would be calming her down from a hysterical outburst, I instead sit here blogging with her sleeping peacefully in the crib next to me.  Probably time for me to do the same thing.

Also, Lilly was in the great hands of Caroline and Beth today, and Mark and Steph this evening.  THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Tuckered out little girl

 Steph sent this picture of Lilly - she is in great hands and being fed well!

Cutest blog on the block