Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010: Full circle

I will try not to be all doom and gloom in the posts that will begin today and end after Christmas.  I thought about not posting at all, but this has become such a therapeutic outlet as well as a fun one, and so I post.

This is the time of year I have been dreading for nearly a year.  It is impossible not to enter today with sadness.  Afterall, my parents aren't here; last year they were.  Last year over this weekend was my babyies shower, and with that I think about my mom.  Can you think of someone with more strength than my mom?  Although her desire to be involved was huge, her energy was all too low.  She sat in the audience knowing that she likely would never meet the baby girls for who were to receive the gifts that I was opening in front of her. Cruelty at its greatest, I can't help but think.  And then there was my dad, who's strength was emblematic.  He managed to make it to the wildly chaotic Seger Family Thanksgiving (well over 50 people), although did not have enough energy to walk on his own.  And then I had to say goodbye to him on Sunday as we headed back up to Indy, and it tore me to pieces.  I walked away from my dad after giving him a hug while he was sitting in his chair.  Not 30 seconds later, he stood up, walked over to me and gave me the biggest hug I have ever received in my life, and then he patted my belly as to say "be strong for them."  It's something I think about a lot. I knew at that moment, everything was about to change.  And not more than a few hours later it had, as we received the phone call that my dad had been taken to the hospital.

When I look back on this weekend alone, I know exactly how my brothers, sister and I have managed to make it through the past year without completely giving up.  We inherited our strength from the two strongest people I have ever met.  We have no choice.  It's in our blood.

With all the sadness, there is still PLENTY more to be thankful for.  My husband and my HEALTHY kids, my brothers, sister, and in-laws, niece and nephews, the entire Burger/Seger family, the entire Bajorek family, and my wonderful friends.  Oh, and my dog.  How dare I forget that furry beast?!

We are celebrating Thanksgiving in Indy today with the Bajoreks.  My 1st Thanksgiving as hostess!  If there is ever a time I need my mom, it is TODAY!  She was the hostess with the mostess!  I royally suck in comparison.  Luckily I did not have to cook the turkey.  I can't even cook raw chicken breasts without vomiting in my mouth.  It will be a long time before I tackle a whole turkey.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

The table is set!  Bring on the turkey!

This is what you would find if you entered the Bajorek house on Thanksgiving morning.  Two little monkeys.

 Daddy keeps singing, "meeee and my monkeeeeees"

This picture was actually taken a few weeks ago, but I love it!  The girls got these adorable hats from their fellow twin cousins Melissa and Jenny!

Cutest blog on the block