After another rough night of sleeping for less than 2 hours, I was feeling pretty crummy this morning. However, that all changed when the plastics team came popping in at 5:45am to be the first to examine Diana's finger and all 4 of them AND me let out a happy squeal! It looked SO much better! I was instantly relieved. Finally things are looking up! They aren't the ones to make a decision on next plan of action, so we waited a couple of hours for the hospitalist team to give their thoughts. They agreed things were much better and we MIGHT be home as early as Monday or Tuesday!!! 2 weeks? WHATEVER! (I hope...)
So, since things seem to change daily around here, our new plan is this: they would like to give Diana at least 24 more hours of IV meds. However, the lifespan for her IV expired a day ago and it is doubtful it will hold up another 24hrs. Given the improvement of her infection and the optimism that we could potentially go home in a few days, they have changed their minds once again and do not want to change to a PICC line (if you are tired of reading this PICC line debate, I can guarantee i am a hundred times more tired of listening to it). I had to agree to one more time of allowing them to at least try and find another good vein on Diana. :( I will do whatever we need to, but that doesn't mean I am happy about my Di being put through this once again. After they have seen even more improvement, they will switch her to oral meds and need to monitor her for another 24 hrs on that, and THEN we can talk about getting the heck outta here!
In other good news, I advocated for having diana's vitals checked every 8hrs instead of every 4, and they agreed without a second's thought. That means less interruption for her during the night!
All in all, today was the first day I finally could see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hoping it gets brighter with each new day!
BTW, Diana now says "mamamamamamama". I love it! And I am hoping to see my Lil Bean tonight who is in the hands of a VERY pregnant Andrea and a nearly as pregnant Jennifer! Those are some awesome cousins I have!!
