Today's doctors' reports fared none better or worse than ones previous. The plastic surgeon definitely has concerns about some possible dead tissue in the finger (at the tip...or possibly it could just be the nail) but once again that will not be determined until all is healed. He reassured me by saying that, if a surgery is needed, he is on call throughout the entire holiday season so he may be our Santa Claus this year.
The second team of doctors who actually monitor the infection were a little less than impressed with the progress, BUT, they do agree there has been improvement. For whatever reason it just is not healing as fast as they think it should. Therefore, we were warned that Diana could remain in the hospital for another TWO WEEKS. The title of that day's blog would say, "Diana update - Day 19." When I took her to the ER on Saturday I brought my Costco card with me in hopes to run there after we left. Joke's on me. Obviously I was a bit taken aback by the two week timeframe and I actually think I heard my aunt Debbie gasp who was with me at the time. I was really hoping we would be home by the weekend. This means another potential holiday in a hospital, and even worse than that missing the dedication of the park in Jasper honoring my parents. Not the best of news I heard all week, but definitely not the worst...and so we move on. The hardest part is that Di is still in isolation so we can't even go as far as the nurses' station with her much less down to the main area where we could wheel her around in a wagon or take her for a walk. It is very hard to keep a 9 month old entertained in a room the size of many bathrooms where she cannot crawl, stand up or essentially move at all. If I were her, I would be having a cow every second of every day. But she isn't...and that's why she is awesome.
The issue of her IV was brought up again today, and this time it was agreed upon that if her IV falls out, she is to be put on the list ASAP for a PICC line. No oral meds, unfortunately. I have my own hesitations with this because she will have to be 'out' during the process, and I am not sure as a mom I am ready for that kind of stress. So, let's just HOPE that darn IV stays in there for the duration.
I was able to come home tonight and spend some time with my sweet Lil Bean. She was in the amazing hands of Elaine, Debbie, Abby and Beth today (no, it doesn't take 4 ppl to watch her, but there is just so much of her to love!) Also, our fabulous photographer Jamie brought over some yummy chili and her even yummier son Jude who is just a few months older than Lilly so she had a playmate today! When everyone left we laid on my bed while I gave her 12 tickle tortures and listening to her laugh hysterically just totally made my day! I would also say, "Where's Diana?" And she would look around searching for her partner-in-crime. Soon, girls. You will be reunited soon!!
Also, I just unpacked my overnight bag and noticed that I had packed 2 of the exact same going home outfits for Diana. Apparently those won't be needed for a while, but I had to chuckle that obviously Diana only needs one outfit, but I have never had to pack for one child...and obviously I suck at it!
Diana was in a GREAT mood this morning after having slept for nearly 13 hours with only a few interruptions from the nurses poking at her all night!

